The collections of the Buffalo Bill Historical Center interpret the history of the American cowboy, dude ranching, Western conservation, frontier entrepreneurship and, perhaps most importantly, the source of our concepts about the West. The museum records how Buffalo Bill, in an age without television or motion pictures, became the world's foremost communicator about the American West.
Buffalo Bill called his show "an educational exposition on a grand and entertaining scale." One of the greatest outdoor shows of its time, Buffalo Bill's Wild West was a spectacular panorama of cowboys, Indians, trick shooters and specialty acts.
Buffalo Bill's Cowboy Band provided the musical accompaniment to all the action in the arena. This group of highly accomplished musicians helped inspire the audience and establish the appropriate mood for what was happening in the arena.
The show ran for 30 years, from 1883 until 1913, touring the United States and Europe with legendary figures such as Sitting Bull and Annie Oakley. While it wasn't possible for millions of Americans to experience the West as he had, Cody simply brought it to their front doors.
Welcome to Yellowstone National Park!
Established in 1872, Yellowstone National Park is America's first national park. Located in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, it is home to a large variety of wildlife including grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. Preserved within Yellowstone National Park are Old Faithful and a collection of the world's most extraordinary geysers and hot springs, and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
The Medora Musical is a two-hour professionally-produced musical variety show performed in the outdoor Burning Hills Amphitheatre located in the heart of the North Dakota Badlands at Medora.
The Medora Musical offers:
- Wholesome, family friendly entertainment
- A mix of modern country, western, gospel and patriotic music
- A talented cast of singers and dancers from across the US
- A live band on stage
- Live horses on stage
- Nationally known variety acts
- Historic, patriotic themes dedicated to Theodore Roosevelt
- Modern conveniences for your comfort
Some of the many features on this tour are:
- Round trip luxury coach transportation with pick-up points in Rapid City, Sturgis & Spearfish
- Accommodations based on 2 people sharing a room – 2 nights Jackson Hole, 2 Nights Yellowstone, 1 night Cody, WY & 1 night Medora, ND
- Touring Grand Tetons
- Touring of Yellowstone National park including “Old Faithfull”
- Entrance to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center
- Cody Trolley Tour
- Visit to Old Trail Town
- Supper and show at the Medora Musical (the famous Pitch Fork Fondue!)
- All baggage handling & taxes
- Fully escorted
Call 1-888-788-6777 to book now!
Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an itinerary by mail.